For Graduate Students
Graduate students represent the future of the Society and of military history in general. This page collects a number of resources from across the Society’s web site that will be of interest to current and future graduate students:
- Guide to Graduate Programs in Military History
- Membership in the Society for Military History
- Weigley Travel Grants to attend the Society’s annual meeting
- ABC-Clio Research Awards
- Edward M. Coffman First Manuscript Prize
- Jobs and Fellowships
- Calls for Papers and Panels
- Research Information - Provides archive-specific information for graduate students from other graduate students.
- Graduate Student Bios - Short biographies of SMH members in graduate programs, along with a description of their thesis/dissertation.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions about how the Society might better serve you as a graduate student, your graduate student representative is Jessica Sheets of Penn State Harrisburg. Ms. Sheets can be reached directly by email or by using this contact form.