Jobs and Fellowships
Military History Magazine Editor
(Located at Corporate Office in Bakersfield CA)
Strategy & Tactics Press is seeking a highly motivated individual ready to edit three growing military history magazines. The ideal candidate is college educated with a strong knowledge of military history. Experience with organizing content, magazine design, and/or coordinating writers is a plus.
Strategy & Tactics Press is a small publisher with 20 employees and contractors. We have been in business for over 30 years. We publish three military history magazines (Strategy & Tactics, World at War, and Modern War) distributed in the US and internationally. Each magazine is published six times per year.
Primary duties include:
1) organizing issues, soliciting articles, developing additional writers, and editing content,
2) providing instructions and ongoing consultation for map artists and magazine layout,
3) managing magazine workflow on a day-to-day basis with the Art Director,
4) planning and developing future print and digital issues and coordinating issue content with events and marketing efforts to increase audience interest, and
5) developing audience participation through interactive and social media.
Job Requirements: • Masters degree in Military History; some experience as an editor and project management. • Must be a good communicator in print, phone, email, and in person. Must be self-disciplined and able to motivate others to meet deadlines.
• Must have a natural interest in exploring new historical areas and perspectives. Must be aware of historical events and their impact on later and current events.
• Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation and be willing to travel in the US 1-2 weeks per year.
Healthcare and retirement plan eligibility 90 days after the first month of hire.
Send resume to Callie Cummins email@example.com
Do you have a passion for history, love working with historic buildings and museum collections, and enjoy managing complex operations? If so, the Bureau of Historic Sites and Museums (BHSM) of the PA Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) is looking for an experienced director to manage the Brandywine Battlefield Park in Delaware County--one of PHMC's premier historic sites. Please use this link to find further information and application materials, including salary range: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pabureau/jobs/2967636
Charles A. and Loyola M. Murphy Endowed Scholarship for the Study of 10th Mountain Military History
Recently, the 10th Mountain Foundation partnered with the family of WWII veteran, Charles Murphy (86-I) to create our first endowed scholarship for graduate students in military history.
Applicants need not be 10th Mountain descendants, but they do need to be studying about the Division. and its related units.
This $5,000 scholarship granted once per recipient and celebrates the devotion to education that Charles Murphy and his wife Loyola brought following his return from Italy and his is 31 years of teaching and coaching.
The Ronald Reagan Institute announces a new Postdoctoral Visiting Scholars Program for work that advances the political, economic, and national security ideas and values of President Ronald Reagan. Visiting Scholars will be selected based on the relevance of their research to these principles. Proposals will also be judged on the likelihood of completion of a book manuscript during the fellowship period. In addition to a stipend of $75,000, each scholar will receive an additional $5,000 for research related costs.