SMH 2023 Mentoring Program
Mentors can offer general guidance on archives and research methods, discipline/field issues, or other specifics that mentees seek out.
Topics on which mentors have offered advice previously include:
- making the transition between careers in the service and academia
- beginning graduate school later in life
- being a minority identity
- advice on how to approach writing a second book after the dissertation becomes the first
- "Alt Ac" opportunities in the federal government, nonprofits, and museums