The Society is a strong advocate for the study of military history in public, private and official venues, and periodically issues statements intended to inform ongoing discussions about military history and its place in society.
- SMH White Paper: “The Role of Military History in the Contemporary Academy”
- Statement on Challenges Faced by the University of Wisconsin
- SMH Statement Supporting AHA Statement on Executive Order of 27 January 2017
- SMH Letter to University Press of Kansas Trustees - 22 February 2021
- SMH Council Statement to SMH Members - 14 October 2021