Guide to Graduate Programs in Military History
Finding an appropriate graduate program in military history can be a daunting task for the uninitiated. To that end, the Society for Military History has developed this online guide to graduate programs in military history. This guide contains information about all sizes and types of military history graduate programs, from small MA programs with one faculty member all the way up to the large PhD programs with multiple faculty. The Guide can be viewed in four ways:
- as a listing of programs designated as either MA or PhD-granting institutions;
- as a list of online programs;
- as an alphabetical listing of all programs;
Those considering graduate school will find two additional resources to be useful in their search.
- Online Graduate Programs: Perspectives on Graduate Education
- The National Center for Education Statistics created a National Education Index for students interested in pursuing history graduate programs across the US. Potential graduate students will find the following sub-section to be particularly useful: http://graduate-school.phds.org/find/programs/history.
The information on these pages was provided by individual universities, and inclusion on the list does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Society for Military History.